Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kaleidoscope Finished!




Introducing....(drum roll please), Kaleidoscope!

I just finished her binding tonight. She's up and loaded into etsy and looking good. I really enjoyed making her (quilts are hers aren't they?). The Mary Engelbert "Basket of Flowers" line is cheery and colorful. And I love big, fat sashes. I had fun making this quilt two sided. I think I'll have to do that whenever possible.

Already have a new lap top sized quilt planned. I'll be using large 5"x5" squares surrounded by single 2.5"x2.5" squares and sashing.


I've helped start a shawl ministry at our church. I went out and spent a fortune on some lovely alpaca yarn. I quickly remembered why knitting bores me. It takes so long to see results. Not so with quilting. So, now I'm looking for quilt shawl patterns. Wouldn't a lap quilt be a nice gift for someone in a nursing home?

Hope each of you is doing well.

Melanie

2 comments:

Micki on May 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM said...

It is a wonderful quilt and your did beautiful free motion quilting.
Micki

connie on May 15, 2009 at 3:42 PM said...

Hi,

With your permission I'd like to add your blog to the blog page of my new quilting directory, Quilt Qua : http://www.quiltqua.com/links/blogs/ You can let me know if you'd like to be included. If you would like to be on the first alpha list, you simply need to let me know you've made mention, or placed a link on your site, back to Quilt Qua. I can send you a graphic if you'd like one for that purpose.

I try to check my lists, but if I've already contacted you, I'm sorry.

I look forward to hearing from you. Please note photos are always welcome on the Show and Tell page (right now there is a giveaway connected to the show and tell), and do let me know if I've missed your business to list on the web site!


--
Thank you,
Connie Colten
Quilt Qua
www.quiltqua.com
619-562-0867

Post a Comment

 

Cute As A Button Quilts Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez