Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kaleidoscope Finished!




Introducing....(drum roll please), Kaleidoscope!

I just finished her binding tonight. She's up and loaded into etsy and looking good. I really enjoyed making her (quilts are hers aren't they?). The Mary Engelbert "Basket of Flowers" line is cheery and colorful. And I love big, fat sashes. I had fun making this quilt two sided. I think I'll have to do that whenever possible.

Already have a new lap top sized quilt planned. I'll be using large 5"x5" squares surrounded by single 2.5"x2.5" squares and sashing.


I've helped start a shawl ministry at our church. I went out and spent a fortune on some lovely alpaca yarn. I quickly remembered why knitting bores me. It takes so long to see results. Not so with quilting. So, now I'm looking for quilt shawl patterns. Wouldn't a lap quilt be a nice gift for someone in a nursing home?

Hope each of you is doing well.

Melanie

1 comments:

Micki on May 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM said...

It is a wonderful quilt and your did beautiful free motion quilting.
Micki

Post a Comment

 

Cute As A Button Quilts Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez