Sunday, May 17, 2009

Florida Sunshine




Dull and boring where you are? How about a little Florida Sunshine!

Here's my latest small quilt. It's made from the "Water Garden" fabric line by Moda. I just love the cheerful colors. I only used two fabrics, the floral is in the squares and binding and the yellow fabric in the sashing and back. It was easy to whip up and brings a smile to my face.
..............................................................................................................................................................

I'm starting a special applique for the wall above my fireplace. It's called Meg's Garden and you can see it directly below. Isn't that just amazing!? I purchased the pattern from Australian Homespun.

You need to check out "Don't Look Now's " blog. She has more talent oozing out of her pinkie than most of us combined.

I've chosen greens, soft blues, burgandies and soft yellows for my colors. I've wanted to tackle a hand applique project for a while now. I'll keep you updated on it's progress.




Also, I found a very interesting site that has a video showing how to use simple Elmer's glue to temporarily attach your binding as you sew it. It remains in place and is a breeze to do. I used it with the last quilt (above) and it worked quite well.

Have a nice Sunday!
Melanie

1 comments:

Micki on May 18, 2009 at 3:07 AM said...

I love applique, so i hope that you really do try to do it. You will love it!
Great job on the quilt!
Micki

Post a Comment

 

Cute As A Button Quilts Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez