Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Zippadee Do Dah




Hi to Micki, my first "follower"! I'm thrilled and complimented!

I've been at the drawing board (or should I say flannel wall?) trying to design a make-up bag that really works for me. I wasted a lot of fabric and eventually purchased a pattern from Aimee at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5774394. I modified the pattern a bit for size, added a patchwork piece for fun and pockets. I also made the interior piece 1/2 inch smaller to fit comfortably in the exterior piece and cheated with "stitch witchery" to keep the top "hems" in place as I added the zipper. I used "Neptune" Fabric by Tula Pink for Moda. Love that line of fabric.

What do you think? (Besides the fact that I don't pack lightly...)





Just in time for my trip to Texas tomorrow to meet my grandbaby. (pictures to follow!)

Goodnight Y'all!
Melanie

1 comments:

Micki on April 29, 2009 at 3:22 AM said...

I love the geometric design and the colour is wonderful. Besides pink, I love blue! I like the fact that there is so much room inside.
Great job! You are welcome at my blog anytime!
Micki

Post a Comment

 

Cute As A Button Quilts Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez