Friday, April 24, 2009

Patchwork Purse



Presenting the Patchwork Purse! I've been experimenting with purse-making and here's what I've come up with. It's 14 inches wide by 8 inches high. The straps can adjust to 7 inches or 14 inches long. It has six open interior pockets of various widths to hold pens, phones, makeup, etc. It has a firm bottom and can sit alone.

The sides were pieced vertically at the bottom in three inch sections and horizontally at the top with decorative stitching in the ditch. It's soft, but not too soft.

I think I'll try different color combinations and different quilt squares for fun.

We are traveling to Texas on Tuesday to see baby Alex and celebrate his birth-day. I grew up in Texas, so it'll be nice to have some good Tex-Mex and beef ribs. And if we're lucky there will still be bluebonnets! I've already scoped out the Quilt shops in the areas we'll be staying. Guess I'd better bring some cash!

Have a nice day!

1 comments:

Micki on April 26, 2009 at 9:17 AM said...

The purse is gorgeous and you did a lovely job on it. Enjoy your trip!
Micki

Post a Comment

 

Cute As A Button Quilts Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez