Monday, July 6, 2009

Missing in Action


Sorry Readers for being MIA. Would you believe it took me a while to recover from the family reunion? lol.




I've actually been busy sewing. I've been working on making place mats and napkins. My daughter has opened my eyes to the waste of using paper products (such as napkins and towels). Not only do they add up in costs, but they fill our landfills and consume massive amounts of trees. And I love trees.

So, at 51 I'm going green!

Here are some of the place mats and napkins I've made. The mitered corners are gorgeous if I say so myself. A new friend showed me how to make them. Wish I could share the secret, but I promised to keep it to myself.



I've also started a monthly quilting and knitting (please accept my apologies) group in my home. The ladies are all from my church and we're making lap quilts or shawls for a local nursing home right now. Much fun, laughter and eating was done with little sewing to be seen! Hopefully over the month I can catch up. I'm making a batik quilt with colors that remind me of the waters in Key West.

Hope each of you is doing well.

Melanie

1 comments:

Micki on July 7, 2009 at 3:43 AM said...

Glad that you are back and so happily busy with sewing.
Micki

Post a Comment

 

Cute As A Button Quilts Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez